I was nominated for a Leibster award by Full Time Disney Addict! Go check her blog out, it’s awesome! I was so stunned when I got the notification this morning that my little baby blog got a nomination for an award! Thank you so much!!!
The rules are as follows:
- The nominated blogger must link back to the person who nominated them.
- The nominees must answer the 11 questions given to them by the person who nominated them.
- Those nominated must choose 11 of their favorite bloggers who have less than 200 followers* to answer their own set of questions.You can not nominate the person who nominated you.
(*can’t figure out how many followers these blogs have so I’m taking a wild guess…)
Here are the questions I got:
1. Who is your favorite Disney Character and why? Tinker Bell has always been my favorite Disney character since I was a little girl. I don’t know why she just was. Now I love her sass and the fact that she doesn’t take any bull from anyone!
2. What motivated you to start a blog? I was toying with starting a Disney blog for quite a few years but the last trip I took to Disneyland at the end of last November (2013), I had some major withdrawals and decided I needed another outlet (other than my Disneyana chapter) to talk about any and all things Disney. I already have another blog mostly regarding my weight loss efforts so I just decided to add another.
3. How many times have you been to Disney World or Disneyland? I’ve never been to Disney World although I’d like to some day. Disneyland I lost count honestly. I have been going roughly once a year since I was a toddler so I’m going to guess 25 visits.
4. How do you come up with material to blog about? Being early on in my blog, I still have a few that I started writing that I’m working on and it’s a little easy to go, oh I’ll do a post about this, but I must admit I do get a mental block on things to talk about fairly often so when I have a momentum I try to write the ideas down. I tend to get ideas from my meetings (which I am starting to write about so I at least have a once a month topic!), seeing different Disney movies, things I pin on Pinterest will sometimes trigger topic ideas as well. Just general blog reading will do the trick too.
5. How often do you usually post? I’ve been only posting once a month or so but I definitely am working on writing more often and my goal is to get something out at least once a week.
6. What is your favorite Disney Ride? Gosh how can you just pick one?! I guess I’ll go for the ever popular Space Mountain. But it’s kind of like picking your favorite child, how can you choose one?!
7. Which is your favorite Disney Park? Disneyland. By far. And to be fair I’ve only been there and to DCA of course, but Disneyland will always be my favorite no matter how many other Disney parks I visit in my lifetime. It’s the original and it is a love I shared with my dad who passed away 4 years ago and I’ll always have that connection with him.
8. What does your family think of your love of Disney? My brother (who’s 5 and 1/2 years younger than me!) thinks I need to grow up (whatever!), and my mom I’m sure thinks I’m a little too obsessed although she likes Disney enough. But they tolerate it I suppose. I’m sure my soon-to-be-sister-in-law thinks I’m nuts!
9. Are you a homebody or do you like to go out? I’m a homebody but I do like going out as well. I am forcing myself to go out more and be more social this year even though I’d just like to lie in bed and watch Disney movies all day or looks up Disney stuff on Pinterest or other websites!
10. Do you want to work at Disney someday or do you already? I have contemplated it. I worry that I’d lose my love of Disney if I worked at one of the parks because of the people but I would love to work at one of their offices or something. Maybe one of the hotels if I ever move to LA. Maybe one day! My cousins say all the time I need to work there!
11. What is your dream job? Do you want to be a full-time blogger? (ok, so technically 2 questions, but related) My dream job I guess from the question above is to work for Disney (but maybe not at the parks). Being a full-time blogger would be awesome too but I kind of doubt I’d ever get to that place where I could support myself with a blog. You never know!!!
That was fun!!! So the people I nominate are:
- Delve Into Disney
- Quest for the Vault Disney
- Confessions of a DisNerd
- Life is a Journey
- Stuff from the Park
- Tales from the Mouse House
- Daveland Blog
- The Disney Project
- SamLand’s Disney Adventures
- Imagineering Disney
- Decidedly Disney
My 11 questions are:
- What is your favorite Disney park snack?
- What is your favorite way to get a Disney fix when you can’t be at a Disney park?
- Do you collect any Disney paraphernalia? If so, what?
- What was your favorite Disney movie growing up?
- Which Disney parks have you been to?
- What is your favorite restaurant in any of the Disney parks?
- If you’re single, would you incorporate Disney into your wedding at all? If you’re married, did you incorporate Disney into your wedding?
- What is your favorite Disney song?
- What made you want to start a blog?
- When did your love of Disney start?
- Who is/are your favorite person(s) to go to Disney parks with?
This was fun! Thank you again to Full Time Disney Addict for nominating me! Go check her blog out!