I’ve been seeing this idea floating around Pinterest about making a binder for your Disney trip which you could really do for any trip but since that’s where I’m going and this is a Disney blog, that’s what we’re going to talk about…
I have been watching a ton of videos and looking for information on Disney blogs for our upcoming Disney World/Disney Cruise Trip and I have to say it’s been a week so far and I am still on a high and I’m obsessed with the planning and watching videos and just Disney in general because I’m so excited that I can’t even stand it.
Anyway I’m going to try to just stick with the subject of this topic and that is creating a Disney Trip Binder. I only decided to do this last night although I’ve been thinking about it for a few days now and while you can really do all of your planning on the My Disney Experience app that you can get for free on your iPhone and I’m sure they have it on Android or set everything up on your computer, some people don’t have smart phones and it’s good (for me at least) to have something printed out. It’s something that can be added to or rearranged and would be a great memory of the trip to add to your Disney stash (you all know you have a bunch of Disney crap around your house!).
So, I haven’t gotten started on it yet, but I will keep you updated and post pictures on my progress. For now, I’ll give you a rough draft idea of what I want to add to the binders I’m making. I’m sure parts will change and things will be added and/or condenced as I go along, but it’s better to at least have an idea to start out with.
First off I made a list of specifics I want in the book and that included:
- an itinerary of the entire trip to add to the front to be an at a glance type of thing.
- maps of the parks, ship, hotel, etc.
- lists of attractions for each land in each park with a brief description of each ride (maybe including a picture of the ride/attraction).
- lists of restaurants and menus if available for each land in each park, shops in each land/park.
- wishlists of what each person wants to do for each land/park.
- flight information
- hotel information
- bus schedules/monorail info
- tips and must dos from friends/family
- park hours
- reservations for meals and fastpasses
- important phone numbers
- a special page to manage how many dining credits are left (we haven’t set up a Disney Dining plan yet, but we’ll figure that out this weekend)
- activity, restaurant, shopping, etc info for cruise
Again, I’m sure there will be more to add to the list and I’ll see with the rest of the group what they wanted added. So far I’m organizing it into the following tabs and sub tabs:
- Itinerary/Basic Info
- Disney World
- Magic Kingdom
- Animal Kingdom
- Hollywood Studios
- Downtown Disney
- Disney Cruise
- Castaway Cay
- Wishlist (will go under each park for Disney World but have own tab under the Cruise Line)
- I’m sure there will be other
- To do/get list for the trip
- Packing list
I can’t wait to get supplies to start work on the binders. 1/2 of the fun is in the planning. Up next I should have the update on the meetings I’ve gone to from the last one I talked about and I hope to have the binders at least started and details on where we’re staying and hopefully some of what we plan to do.